Endorsements and some plain English
Effective June 4, 2010
- This blog is not about the money, but I figure it can’t hurt if I make a few extra dollars if readers click on an advertisement or you buy something that I’ve reviewed or endorsed through a link on my website.
- I don’t have any paid links.
- I bought and used every product I write about on this blog. I don’t have any sponsors and my blog isn’t even a glimmer in another product representative’s eyes. However, I am open to the idea of sponsorship and paid product reviews, and will be very clear to identify links or posts that are sponsored.
- If you contact me via this blog or email, the contents of your communication may be used either explicitly on or as inspiration for a blog post. Please don’t send me any information via email or this blog’s contact page that you would not want to see on this website.
Effective June 4, 2010
Privacy Notice Table Of Contents:
- My Commitment To Privacy
- The Information I Collect
- How I Use Information
- My Commitment To Data Security
- My Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- How To Contact Me
My Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to me. To better protect your privacy I provide this notice explaining my online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, I made it available as one of the main headings on my website.
The Information I Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on this website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. I collect no information at all when you click on an advertisement or placing an order via a link from my website, though a cookie may be placed on your computer by the website you are forwarded to.
On blog posts you can place comments. The website captures your name, email address and website (optional). I do not use that information for any personal or business purpose.
The Way We Use Information:
I use the information you provide about yourself when placing a comment only to respond in kind or by private email. I do not share this information with outside parties, though it is visible to web search engines and indexers/crawlers.
I use return email addresses only to answer the email I receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
I use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design the website and to share with advertisers. For example, I may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, but I would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, I never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to me online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
My Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, I have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
My Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, I never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of my website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
No one but myself can access any personally identifiable information that I collect online and maintain. I use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by the contact page to send me a message with the updated information and a specific reference.
How To Contact Me
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please use the Contact page or send me an email at email@example.com.